Why You Should Sealcoat your Asphalt Parking Lot or Driveway
Sealcoating is one of the most vital things you should do after you have installed a new parking lot or driveway. This process involves the application of a special protective sealant layer on the asphalt’s surfaces. It is a preventive maintenance measure that helps ensure that these surfaces retain their beauty and last for a number of years with minimal maintenance. We at First Water Contracting provide customized parking lot sealcoating. In addition, we also offer excellent parking lot repairs OKC as well as maintenance services.
Important Sealcoating Facts
- Don’t apply the sealant right after asphalt surface installation.
- Wait for a minimum of three months before you sealcoat the asphalt parking lot/driveway. But ensure you sealcoat it before one year of installation.
- Redo the sealcoat after every two years to ensure functionality as well as enhance beauty and increase longevity.
Why Sealcoating Asphalt Is Important
- Surface Protection- Asphalt is a very tough and durable parking lot surfacing material. However, when exposed to extreme weather changes, different agents and hazards, the surface is susceptible to damage. When you seal asphalt, it prevents damage from The UV rays of the sun, spilled oils and water. Applying a good quality sealant every two years to your asphalt surfaces helps protect the surfaces from damage and deterioration due to these hazards and agents.
- Increases Lifespan- When you make sure your asphalt surfaces are well-protected from these elements, it significantly increases the lifespan of your driveway or parking lot. Leaving these surfaces unsealed can result in potholes, cracks and other defects.
- Aesthetics- Newly installed asphalt surfaces have a very rich, deep black color that is very attractive. The only problem is that it doesn’t take long for the weather to take its toll and cause the surfaces to look dull and dated. But sealcoating helps maintain the sheen and appearance. Apply the first sealcoat after three months of installation and then redo it very couple of years to maintain the appearance.
- Traps Heat- The coating helps absorb and retain the sun’s heat and this comes in handy during the cold weather when there is snowfall. The heat that’s trapped in the asphalt helps to melt the snow on the driveways and parking lot much faster. This goes a long way in preventing snow accumulation and pooling on the asphalt surfaces.
The Best Parking Lot Maintenance OKC Solutions
As you can see, there are a number of benefits to getting asphalt sealcoating done. But it’s also important that you hire experts like the ones at First Water Contracting for the job. We are the parking lot maintenance OKC experts that offer customized solutions to our clients.
Whether you want a new sealcoat applied or want to redo the surface, we are the company to call. If you’re looking for parking lot maintenance OKC, we at First Water Contracting can help. Just contact us or give us a call at 405 664 6200 and we’ll help.