The Benefits of Subgrade Stabilization For Your Asphalt Driveway
Asphalt is a very strong and resilient material that’s ideal for surfacing outdoor features such as driveways, parking lots etc. But it’s also a good idea to stabilize the subgrade material before getting a new asphalt surface installed. Not only does this improve the durability of your driveway or parking lot, but also its longevity as well.
The subgrade stabilization process involves stabilizing the soil so that the paving material can be easily installed on it. Let’s take a closer look at why it matters:
Subgrade Stabilization- The Importance Of It
* Subgrade stabilization helps ensure that the asphalt paving is installed properly.
* It decreases the plasticity of the base
* Lowers the water content
* Helps increase the strength of the surface
The subgrade stabilization technique is quite complex. When you are getting parking lot maintenance in OKC done, it’s important that you hire experienced professionals like the ones at First Water Contracting.
There are a number of factors that impact the level of difficulty of the job and the methods used. This is why it’s necessary to test a few different mixtures in order to find the exact combination that will work for your particular application.
Factors That Matter
Inexperienced technicians without proper knowledge or expertise may not handle a job in the right manner, which can affect the integrity and appearance of your asphalt surfaces. Factors that influence which soil stabilization combination and processes to be used include:
* Base plasticity levels
* Condition of the underlying and existing soil
* Depth of the water table in the area
* The freeze-thaw conditions
Ensuring that these aspects are taken into account before carrying out the stabilization work helps reduce the need for parking lot repairs OKC.
Subgrade Stabilization – The Benefits
Base stabilization offers numerous benefits apart from the ones we just talked about such as:
* This proves to be a very cost-effective solution for different types of soil instability issues.
* It’s ideal for marshy or swampy areas.
* Subgrade stabilization is also an environmentally-friendly process. This is because the chemicals utilized to treat the soil help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
* Less energy is needed in the process because the soil stabilization materials are on the lower end of the energy-use spectrum.
Hire The Subgrade Stabilization Experts
Whether you are looking to install a new parking lot or driveway, First Water Contracting is the company to call. In addition to excellent soil stabilization and asphalt installation services, we also handle all types of parking lot maintenance OKC jobs. We use the latest techniques and tools in our work and make sure that your asphalt surfaces are in a good condition and look good throughout the year.
You will find that we offer the best services at the most cost-effective price points, which means regular asphalt surface maintenance OKC doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. If you’re looking for asphalt installation, maintenance or parking lot repairs OKC solutions, we at First Water Contracting can help. Just contact us or give us a call at 405 664 6200 and we’ll help.